Arab Society for the Blind
Located in the centre of the Old City, the buildings in this exceptional complex date from the Ottoman period. Originally built as a residence and used as a school during Jordanian rule, the Arab Blind Association rented the complex in 1954 to serve the blind in Jerusalem. The three levels of buildings surrounding beautiful gardens are used as workshops for the blind, offices and services. The restoration project included introducing new infrastructure, tiling the courtyards and adapting some of the buildings to accommodate the special needs of the blind.